- Fits 2x bottom or top plate framing
- FIS Bushings recommended for increased decoupling
- Lead Time: 3-7 days
GenieMat® FIS acoustic isolation pad is used as a permanently resilient gasket for reducing sound and vibration transfer through top and bottom plate framing. GenieMat® FIS can be used with wood or steel framing over concrete or wood sub-floor. Unlike similar fiberglass-based products, the rubber used in this acoustic isolation pad is unaffected by water and will not support mold growth. The use of GenieMat® FIS fiberglass isolation pad above and below the plates will ensure the isolation products installed in the wall (resilient clips, Green Glue Compound, etc.) will reach their maximum performance potential. GenieMat® FIS is sized to fit 2x4 framing, but can be used with 2x6 bottom plates.
Each roll of GenieMat® FIS will cover 30 linear feet of framing. We recommend the use of the GenieMat® FIS Bushings when the bottom or top plate is fastened with screws. Each fastening screw will require 1 GenieMat® FIS Bushing, typically spaced 16" to 24" apart.
- Roll out the GenieMat® FIS to the length of the bottom or top plate and cut to fit with a razor knife.
- Place the GenieMat® FIS where the plate framing will be installed and place the plate over the GenieMat® FIS.
- If the GenieMat® FIS Bushing is used, then drill a hole up to 3/4" in diameter every 16" to 24" through the plate without penetrating the sub-floor. It is okay to penetrate the rubber.
- Fasten the plate to the framing with the GenieMat® FIS between the framing. The GenieMat® FIS Bushing will break the connection between the plate and the head of the screw.
GenieMat® FIS can be installed with screws or a polyurethane based adhesive. Refer to the drawing in the thumbnail above for a more detailed spec.
|GenieMat® FIS Specs|
|Weight||6.4 pounds per roll|
|Other Widths Available||1-1/4", 1-1/2", 5-1/2", and 8"|
|Other Thicknesses Available||10mm|
|GenieMat® FIS Bushing Specs|
|Weight||.03 pounds per bushing|